Thursday, December 09, 2004

tea-time

"He is so fucking smart" echoes in my mind for a thousand times this past few hours.
Dunno whether i can be a bit of help and wonder how far i want to go. I can picture what will happen if i go farther but i am not sure if i want it comes true. Don't want to be the one who muster up someone's courage, build up his fairy-tale-like real world and at the end be the one who smash everything into pieces.
I have done that times and times. Tired of those disheartenings. That's the reason why i hold back.
Not sure. Gonna see what happens.


suddenly remember, some of my friends did encourage me to be a social worker before and some of them are social workers or working their way as social workers now.
interesting
It's puzzling why everyone sees me as a future PR/marketing officer, or anything related to business field. Their only reason is that i am sociable. Some essences of business field match with some of the things i want to do. I can utilise my tiny bit of creativity, for example. However, the bargain is, i will soon be exhausted and dried out in a few years. That's what i will never like. Same reason for my dislike in the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong.
I have never picture myself as a businessman, not since i was born and able to think. Funny i did think of being a teacher (coz no uniform needed) and a writer when i was young.
More funny that Stuart did mention about teaching career as my possible path. Of coz I suspend judgement, i know him too well to be too influenced by him. And it's true for everyone, like Gregers, everyone preaches what one thinks is truth.
Not sure if i want to pursue for a doctorate degree, not mentioning whether i will be a teacher. It seems easy for others to make such a decision, but it's hard for me. I will NEVER-EVER study my doctorate degree in Hong Kong which study in Hong Kong i think will do bad instead of good to me. In turn, it represents that i will be away from home at least for quite some years. My parents will never like it.

And where are those money from? What field am i going to study in?
Loan, debt, cultural studies, linguistics and women's studies flash in my mind.
Needa digest all these information.


Anyway, thanks Stuart for his advice as well as his romanticism (conforms to a lot of the American stereotypes that he will never admit, sure not the shallow, exotic orientalism).
He has always been a good company.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dun think of u being a teacher or bussinessman but an advertisement designer or related jobs, coz i'm under the impression that u are creative and ful of idea, ^^

i'll never stduy a dr degree be it hk or elsewhere, i hate studying, or shall i put it i hate studying theories.... [translily]

8/05/2005 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home